Wayne Rooney, the 23 year old England striker, is expected to fill goals score sheets after Cristiano Ronaldo left Manchester United for Real Madrid a few weeks ago. That means he moves to the center forward position, closer to the goals. The Red Devil’s manager and the fans have confidence in him.
From Everton since age 10, Sir Alex Ferguson bought him for £25.6 million after his excellent performance for England at Euro 2004. Rooney was still 18 years old then, and the fee was the highest for any England player below 20. But injuries plagued the young striker in the 2007 and 2008 seasons. It was also when Ronaldo shone brightest for the team and his country.
Now that there is no more Ronaldo, do you think Rooney will be effective considering his uncontrollable temper? Remember the incident with Ronaldo? It depends. He can surely score goals as evidenced in every season and that first year of his on the England squad. His temper can both work for and against. He’s hungry for goals. He might not be as flashy as Ronaldo but he can deliver. Today, Rooney is already one of the best football players in the world today. Barring any injury this season, he could even land on the top 3.
Now that he has matured as a player, 2010 is Wayne Rooney’s year to shine for Manchester United and England.
credit: Wayne Rooney picture from wikipedia.
Popularity: 61% [?]
- Wayne Rooney: No Fear For England At World Cup 2010
- AC Milan vs Manchester United – Champions League 2010 Knockout Stage Results: Rooney Scores Double to Beat Milan
- England vs Ukraine: Football World Cup 2010 Qualifier
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premiership March 21, 2010 Showdown
- UEFA Champions League: Manchester United vs Bayern Munich